Fellowships for Ukrainian Scholars - Postdocs in EU studies
BLEST, the Bocconi Lab for European Studies, welcomes applications for up to 3 one year postdoctoral fellowships from post-doctoral candidates at any stage of their career who are affected by the war in Ukraine. We consider applications from candidates of any nationality who live in Ukraine, have been displaced or cannot return to Ukraine because of the war, or who are directly affected for other reasons that can be specified in the application.
The applicant should work in the fields covered by the BLEST - Ukraine focus programme and should carry out a project focusing on the impact of the Ukraine war on the EU or on the relationship between Ukraine and the EU. Eligible fields are Law (including, but not limited to, European constitutional law, European human rights law, international human rights and international law) and the social sciences broadly construed (including but not limited to political sciences and economics). The fellow will participate actively to the activities of BLEST and of the department of affiliation.
The deadline for application is 30 June 2022. The fellowships can start at any point after the position has been accepted, and Bocconi University will assist the fellows with all administrative requirements.
Applications can be made via email (email@example.com) and should include:
- Personal and professional details of the candidate
- Scanned copy of the passport and for non-Ukrainian citizens, her/his permit of stay in Ukraine. Alternatively, the candidate can produce a statement indicating the reasons why such documents cannot be submitted.
- A personal statement detailing the current circumstances of the candidate and how the war affects them.
- CV and brief research profile of the candidate.
- Description of the research project that the candidate intends to carry out during the Fellowship. The research project must on the impact of the Ukraine war on the EU or on the relationship between Ukraine and the EU.
- Indication of the Department which would best suit the research interests of the candidate, and if possible the names of colleagues with whom the candidate could collaborate.
To access the call please click here